NEWS of SCORCH

CHRISTOPHER and GERALDINE have been travelling on their yacht 'SCORCH of WESSEX' since 3rd October, 2002.
They have spent the first 5 years in the Medditerean.They crossed the Atlantic in December 2007.
They are currently in the Caribbean.

CUSCO - 23dr Oct.2008

 

The Inka-Express  bus from Puno to Cusco (8hrs in all) took us through four Archaeological sites.


Fancy Church at Andahuaylillas



We have seen so many churches during our travels, at least 95% highly decorated. I feel nauseated at the riches mostly acquired from the very poor, who had so little and gave so much. It was all about power and control. I believe in God but spell it NATURE!


 


The Temple of Raqchi was an amazing religious site.


                                                                           


                                 The Temple                                                                  Stores


    


Elaborate hat stand                                    Not for sale!                           Just in case of rain


 One could write a book on Peruvian hats. There are so many types.


After a long tiring day we approached Cusco.


 Inca entry gate to Cusco


 


We were transferred to our hotel in a rickety taxi, along narrow roads and eventually a dead end alley, where our hotel was. I did not feel too happy. I  was rather anxious thinking we were miles from the Historic centre. As it turned out we were only 6 minutes from the Cathedral and the hub of the city. 


No comments: